While the healing process facing each person is unique, we all share similar challenges in our quest to navigate our own river of life.
– We often feel we are out there on the water in our own boat alone … with or without a paddle
– It can feel as if we do not have a compass or map to chart a course or establish a sense of direction
– Sometimes we are taking on water and are in danger of capsizing… and have no life vest
Dalena offers a full range of Individual Therapies to enable you to maneuver, stay on course, keep water out of your boat and adjust to changes in the weather.
Start The Process! You will be glad you did.
Using the link below, you will be asked to sign in as a new patient. It will take you to a secure client portal where you can request specific session times, complete all paperwork, upload insurance information, and send and receive messages with Dalena.
If you are a returning client but have not had a session within the last 60 days, please contact Dalena directly so she can reactivate your file and portal. She will also notify you of any policy or fee changes.
Individual sessions are confidential and provided on a secure HIPAA compliant video platform. Dalena helps you clarify your needs and areas of concern to develop a unique treatment plan. Together you work toward your goals.
If talk therapy is right for you, great! But if you need or are interested in more, Dalena can help you with a variety of proven techniques including:
– EMDR (trauma reprocessing), Flash Technique (accelerated processing)
– EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique or Meridian Tapping
– MARI assessments to gain a customized picture of where you are now and where you are going
– CREATIVE ARTS (ritual, writing, drawing)
– Customized relaxation and meditation scripts
– Recent Trauma (Illness, accidents, disability, crime)
– Childhood Events (Past trauma and abuse)
– Spirituality (From explorations, to deeper connections to healing from faith crises and spiritual trauma)
– Grief & Loss (Recent or past)
– LGBTQIA Issues (From the beginning to having a safe place for healing in other areas of life)
– Transgender Care (From exploration to transition to post-transition support)
– ADHD/ADD (Understanding the diagnosis, coping, and repairing self-esteem)
All sessions are conducted online. If you have never had teletherapy or video therapy sessions, it may seem like it would be difficult to get use to. I have had great feedback from my clients who transitioned from in person to online therapy during.
Benefits of e-therapy include:
– no travel time
– secure video portal
– comfort of your own environment
– access to your pets if you like
– ability to use EMDR, GIM, guided
imagery and meditation
Sign into the secure portal as a new patient and request a session time. E-paperwork will be sent to you to complete and return online before your session. It is very important that all paperwork is complete so Dalena can review your situation prior to the session. You can also email or call for times (email@example.com and 602-686-3723).
Existing clients can sign into the portal as a returning client and access the calendar, the video links to their sessions, upload and share documents and insurance information, and send and receive secure messages.
Intake sessions are typically 55 minutes in length. Depending on the amount of information and complexity of your situation, it can be from 1-3 sessions.
Follow up sessions are either 40 min or 55 minutes in length. Choosing which length is best for you depends on several factors: your physical/emotional/mental stamina, the number and intensity of issues you are working on, and the type of interventions you are using (GIM/EMDR).
Frequency depends on a few factors as well. Most people want to gain some momentum and are ready for weekly sessions in the beginning. They may later choose to move to biweekly after they have made some significant gains. Other times, people find their lives have little processing time between sessions and if they are not in crisis, biweekly sessions are a good fit.
At the end of treatment, some people choose to have a few maintenance sessions once per month to assure they are able to maintain their treatment gains. This is for maintenance and check in, not an active therapy phase.
Periodically, someone may be ready and have the desire to do an extended trauma session for 1/2 to full day. This must be scheduled directly with Dalena so we can determine if it is safe and appropriate for you at that time. We also need to schedule far enough in advance so the 1/2 day or full day can be blocked out just for you. This is a cash pay service only as insurances do not allow for intensive therapy sessions.
Dalena is in network with Aetna, and CCN (through the VA). Please contact your plan for exact deductibles, copays, or coinsurance as well as any special requirements for telemedicine.
If you are not using insurance but would like to file for possible reimbursement through your insurance company, please let Dalena know and you will be provided with a superbill for submission for possible reimbursement based on your plan's specific conditions.
You can use a health savings account if you have one to pay for counseling.
Billing rates are as follows: $180 intake, $150 55 minute session, $120 40 minute session.
There are several pieces of important information Dalena needs before your first session. All of these will be sent electronically to you through the client portal. You can fill them out online easily and send them back automatically. You can also take a picture of your insurance card and upload that if you are using insurance.